WomensLaw sirve y apoya a todas las personas sobrevivientes sin importar su sexo o género.

Información Legal: Colorado

Estatutos Seleccionados: Colorado

Ver Todo
13 de octubre de 2023

§ 14-10-106. Dissolution of marriage--legal separation

(1)(a) The district court shall enter a decree of dissolution of marriage or a decree of legal separation when:

(I) The court finds that one of the parties has been domiciled in this state for ninety-one days next preceding the commencement of the proceeding;

(II) The court finds that the marriage is irretrievably broken; and

(III) The court finds that ninety-one days or more have elapsed since it acquired jurisdiction over the respondent either as the result of process pursuant to rule 4 of the Colorado rules of civil procedure or as the result of the act of the respondent in joining as copetitioner in the petition or in entering an appearance in any other manner.

(b) In connection with every decree of dissolution of marriage or decree of legal separation and to the extent of its jurisdiction to do so, the court shall consider, approve, or allocate parental responsibilities with respect to any child of the marriage, the support of any child of the marriage who is entitled to support, the maintenance of either spouse, and the disposition of property; but the entry of a decree with respect to parental responsibilities, support, maintenance, or disposition of property may be deferred by the court until after the entry of the decree of dissolution of marriage or the decree of legal separation upon a finding that a deferral is in the best interests of the parties.

(c) In a proceeding to dissolve a marriage or in a proceeding for legal separation or in a proceeding for declaration of invalidity, the court is deemed to have made an adjudication of the parentage of a child of the marriage if the court acts under circumstances that satisfy the jurisdictional requirements of section 14-5-201 and the final order:

(I) Expressly identifies a child as a “child of the marriage”, “issue of the marriage”, or similar words indicating that the husband is the father of the child; or

(II) Provides for support of the child by the husband unless paternity is specifically disclaimed in the order.

(d) Paternity is not adjudicated for a child not mentioned in the final order.

(2) If a party requests a decree of legal separation rather than a decree of dissolution of marriage, the court shall grant the decree in that form unless the other party objects.