WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: South Dakota

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of
November 28, 2023

How do I change or extend the permanent order?

To modify or extend your order, go back to the court where you got it and file a petition with the clerk. If you are filing to extend your order, you must request this renewal before your original order expires.

You can file a motion to modify at the court. The court will assign you a hearing date. The abuser must be served with this form. You will most likely have another full court hearing.1

1 SDCL § 25-10-10