WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: North Dakota

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of December 28, 2023

How do I change, drop, or extend the order?

You can file in court to change, drop, or extend your domestic violence protection order.1 If you plan to file in court to request that the judge extend the order, it is best to start the process before your first order expires; otherwise, you may have to start from the beginning and repeat the steps you took to get your original order.

The clerk at the district court will have all of the necessary forms to file. You can find this contact information on the ND Courthouse Locations page.

1 See N.D. Cent. Code § 14-07.1-02