This page includes information that is specific to this state, about parental kidnapping, also called custodial interference. There is also a page for general information that you may find helpful. Custody and kidnapping are particularly complicated and it is important to try to find an experienced lawyer to help you with your case.
- When the other parent wants to take your children out of the state
- When you want to take your children out of the state
- Can I move my children out of the state?
- Can I get temporary emergency custody before or after moving with my child?
- The other parent is threatening to charge me with parental kidnapping if I leave the state. What can I do?
- If there is a custody order in place, can I take my children out of the state?
- If there is an ongoing court action involving my children, can I take them out of the state?
Laws current as ofMarch 19, 2020