455.003. Rape crisis centers--employees or volunteers required to maintain confidentiality--incompetent to testify
1. A rape crisis center shall:
(1) Require persons employed by or volunteering services to the rape crisis center to maintain confidentiality of any information that would identify individuals served by the center and any information or records that are directly related to the advocacy services provided to such individuals; and
(2) Prior to providing any advocacy services, inform individuals served by the rape crisis center of the nature and scope of the confidentiality requirements of subdivision (1) of this subsection.
2. Any person employed by or volunteering services to a rape crisis center for victims of sexual assault shall be incompetent to testify concerning any confidential information in subsection 1 of this section, unless the confidentiality requirements are1 waived in writing by the individual served by the center.
3. As used in this section, the term “rape crisis center” shall mean any public or private agency that offers assistance to victims of sexual assault, as the term sexual assault is defined in section 455.010, who are adults, as defined by section 455.010, or qualified minors, as defined by section 431.056, RSMo.