WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Louisiana

Statutes: Louisiana

View all
November 16, 2023

Art. 3601. Injunction, grounds for issuance; preliminary injunction; temporary restraining order

A. An injunction shall be issued in cases where irreparable injury, loss, or damage may otherwise result to the applicant, or in other cases specifically provided by law; provided, however, that no court shall have jurisdiction to issue, or cause to be issued, any temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction, or permanent injunction against any state department, board, or agency, or any officer, administrator, or head thereof, or any officer of the state of Louisiana in any suit involving the expenditure of public funds under any statute or law of this state to compel the expenditure of state funds when the director of such department, board, or agency or the governor shall certify that the expenditure of such funds would have the effect of creating a deficit in the funds of said agency or be in violation of the requirements placed upon the expenditure of such funds by the legislature.

B. No court shall issue a temporary restraining order in cases where the issuance shall stay or enjoin the enforcement of a child support order when the Department of Children and Family Social Services is providing services, except for good cause shown by written reasons made a part of the record.

C. During the pendency of an action for an injunction the court may issue a temporary restraining order, a preliminary injunction, or both, except in cases where prohibited, in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter.

D. Except as otherwise provided by law, an application for injunctive relief shall be by petition.

E. The irreparable injury, loss, or damage enumerated in Paragraph A of this Article may result from the isolation of an individual over the age of eighteen years by any other individual, curator, or mandatary, including but not limited to violations of Civil Code Article 2995 or Code of Civil Procedure Article 4566(J).