WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Important: Even if courts are closed, you can still file for a protection order and other emergency relief. See our FAQ on Courts and COVID-19.

Legal Information: Guam

Statutes: Guam

View all
December 10, 2020

MR 5.1.4. Jurisdiction

Any person having a claim of ten thousand ($10,000.00) dollars or less may apply for relief through the Small Claims Division. Counterclaims or cross-claims may also be filed for up to ten thousand ($10,000.00) dollars. If a bona-fide counterclaim or cross-claim is in excess of ten thousand ($10,000.00) dollars, the matter shall be handled as a regular civil or other case. Any person having a claim against him or her for more than five thousand ($5,000.00) dollars may make a timely application to the court for transfer of the matter out of the Small Claims Division to be handled as a regular civil or other case within the Superior Court of Guam, which motion, if timely made, shall be granted as a matter of right.