As used in this Chapter:
(a) Abuse means the occurrence of one (1) or more of the following acts between family or household members:
(1) attempting to cause or intentionally or knowingly or recklessly causing bodily injury or serious bodily injury with or without a deadly weapon;
(2) placing by physical menace another in fear of imminent serious bodily injury; or
(3) sexually abusing minor children.
(b) Adult means any person eighteen (18) years of age or older.
(c) Court means the Superior Court.
(d) Family or household members means:
(1) Current or former spouses;
(2) Adults or minors who live together or who have lived together;
(3) Adults or minors who are dating or who have dated;
(4) Adults or minors who are engaged in or who have engaged in a sexual relationship;
(5) Adults or minors who are related by blood or adoption to the fourth (4th) degree of affinity;
(6) Adults or minors who are related or were formerly related by marriage;
(7) Persons who have a child in common; or
(8) Minor children of persons described in paragraphs (1) through (7) above.