WomensLaw no es solamente para mujeres. Servimos y apoyamos a todos/as los/as sobrevivientes no importa su sexo o género.

Importante: Algunas cortes están atendiendo las audiencias de forma virtual debido a COVID. Vea las Cortes y el COVID-19.

Información Legal: Kansas

Restraining Orders

Ver Todo
21 de junio de 2021

Am I eligible to file for a protection from abuse order?

You can seek legal protection from acts of domestic violence done to you or your minor child by an “intimate partner or household member,” which includes:

  • your spouse or ex-spouse;
  • someone who lives with you, currently or in the past;
  • someone whom you are dating or have dated; or
  • someone with whom you have a child in common.1

A parent, court-appointed legal custodian/guardian, or an adult living with a minor child can file on behalf of the minor child if the child has been abused by an intimate partner or household member.2

If you do not qualify for a PFA, you may be able to get a protection from stalking, sexual assault, or human trafficking order.

1 Kan. Stat. § 60-3102(b)
2 Kan. Stat. § 60-3104(b)