Legal Information: Wisconsin

Restraining Orders

View all
May 10, 2022

Step 3: File the forms at the courthouse.

You will need to file the court forms in the circuit court. To file the forms, go to the clerk of court. The forms must be filed during business hours. Tell the clerk that you want to file for a domestic abuse injunction. You can ask for a temporary restraining order, a domestic abuse injunction, or both on the same form. To find contact information for the courthouse in your area, click on our WI Courthouse Locations page.

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.