Legal Information: Wisconsin
What is the legal definition of domestic abuse in Wisconsin?
Domestic abuse in Wisconsin includes the following:
- intentionally causing physical pain, physical injury or illness;
- intentionally harming your physical condition;
- sexual assault;
- destruction of property belonging to you; and
- threatening to do any of the above acts.*
Note: Harassing or stalking behavior is also covered under a different type of restraining order called a harassment restraining order.
* Wis. Stat. § 813.12(1)(am)
© 2008–2018 National Network to End Domestic Violence, Inc. All rights reserved. This website is funded in part through a grant from the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice. Neither the U.S. Department of Justice nor any of its components operate, control, are responsible for, or necessarily endorse, this website (including, without limitation, its content, technical infrastructure, and policies, and any services or tools provided.