WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Important: Even if courts are closed, you can still file for a protection order and other emergency relief. See our FAQ on Courts and COVID-19.

Legal Information: Washington


View all
December 3, 2020

Can a parent who does not have custody have access to the child's records?

A parent who does not have parenting time with the child has the same access to the medical, dental, school, and other records of the child as the custodial parent has unless the judge entered an order that limits the rights of the parent.1

1 R.C.W. § 26.09.225