Legal Information: Washington

Washington Custody

View all
Laws current as of
August 10, 2017

Custody strongly recommends that you get help from an organization in your area before proceeding with court action.  Go to our WA Places that Help page to find contact information for legal services programs. In our general Custody page, we have information about custody that is not specific to any state. The page includes a section about how to try to transfer your custody case to a new state where you are living so that you can modify the custody order from your new state.