Legal Information: Utah

Restraining Orders

View all
December 27, 2016

Step 1: Go to a district court and request an application.

Go to the district court in the county where you live, where the abuser lives, or where the abuse took place.*  You can find a court near you by going to our UT Courthouse Locations page.  Find the civil court clerk and request a petition for a protective order.  You may also find links to petitions online by going to our UT Download Court Forms page.

* UT ST§ 78B-7-104