Legal Information: Oklahoma


View all
November 18, 2022

Can a parent who does not have custody have access to the child's records?

Yes, a parent who does not have custody can get access to your child’s records unless you have a court order restricting the non-custodial parent’s access. This includes medical records, school records, and many other types of records that may have your home address and contact information. If you do not want the non-custodial parent to get access to these records, you must request that the court restrict the other parent’s access. The judge will only do this if s/he believes that doing so would be in the best interests of the child.1 Be sure to tell the judge about any domestic abuse in your household.

1 43 O.S. § 109.6

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.