Legal Information: Oklahoma


View all
November 18, 2022

If my child was conceived from rape, can the offender's rights be terminated?

If your child was conceived as the result of rape, you can file a petition to terminate the offender’s parental rights. If, after a hearing, the judge determines that your child was conceived as a result of rape, the offender’s rights can be terminated.1

In addition, the other parent’s rights can be terminated based on a conviction in criminal court of rape, or rape by instrumentation, regardless of whether or not it resulted in your child being conceived.2

1 10A O.S. § 1-4-904(11)
2 10A O.S. § 1-4-904(8)(b)

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.