WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Nebraska

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of December 18, 2023

Can I get someone to help me?  Do I need a lawyer?

You do not need a lawyer to get your protection order enforced in another state.  However, you may want to get help from a local domestic violence advocate or attorney in the state that you move to. 

A domestic violence advocate can tell you what the advantages and disadvantages are for registering your protection order. S/he may also be able to help you through the process if you decide to register it. To find a domestic violence advocate or lawyer in the state to which you are moving, go to the Places that Help page and select that state from the drop-down menu.