WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Hawaii

Workplace Protections

Laws current as of January 11, 2024

What legal or medical actions, specifically, can I use the time off from work to do?

If it is related to domestic or sexual violence suffered by you or your minor child, your employer must let you take off time from work to do any of the following things:

  • seek medical attention for, or recover from, a physical or psychological injury caused by the domestic or sexual violence;
  • get services from a victim services organization;
  • get psychological or other counseling;
  • temporarily or permanently relocate;
  • take legal action in a case related to, or resulting from, the domestic or sexual violence;
  • take actions to improve the physical, psychological, or economic health or safety of you or your minor child; or
  • take actions to improve the safety of people with whom you associate or work.1

1 H.R.S. § 378-72(a)