Additional resources and where else to turn
Below are some of the resources we used to write information for this page. You may find it useful to read more information on their websites.
- Moving Ahead Through Financial Management Curriculum - This curriculum was created by the National Network to End Domestic Violence and the Allstate Foundation and includes the following sections (called “modules”): Understanding Financial Abuse; Learning Financial Fundamentals; Mastering Credit Basics; Building Financial Foundations; Creating Budgeting Strategies; and Resources.
- NYC Bankruptcy Assistance Project’s Answers to Common Bankruptcy Questions
- Identify Theft Hotline to speak one-on-one with a counselor 1-877-ID-THEFT
- New York State Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
- Allstate’s Click to Empower Campaign: Information on financial literacy and tools for helping women leave abusive relationships and build financially stable futures.
- The Women’s Institute for Financial Education (WIFE): Providing financial information to women in their quest for financial independence.
- Fight Identity Theft: Comprehensive information about fraud, identity theft and ways to keep your financial information safe.