WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

About Abuse

Financial Abuse

Updated: February 24, 2021

How can I get my credit report?

There are various companies that allow you to request a free credit report. At www.AnnualCreditReport.com, for example, you can request a free credit report every 12 months by going to their website or by calling toll free at 1-877-322-8228.1 Don’t be fooled by websites or companies using similar names since many of them are not reputable. Note: WomensLaw.org does not endorse this website and cannot vouch for their services; we provide this for your information only.

Your credit report can show what accounts you have open and what the balances are on each. Check to make sure your credit report accurately reflects your financial history. If there is incorrect information or accounts that you don’t recognize, please read What can I do if someone opened up accounts in my name without my permission?

1Federal Trade Commission