Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) “Agency” means a general authority Washington law enforcement agency as defined in RCW 10.93.020.
(2) “Association” means the Washington association of sheriffs and police chiefs.
(3) “Dating relationship” has the same meaning as in RCW 7.105.010.
(4) “Domestic violence” includes but is not limited to any of the following crimes when committed either by (a) one family or household member against another family or household member, or (b) one intimate partner against another intimate partner:
(i) Assault in the first degree (RCW 9A.36.011);
(ii) Assault in the second degree (RCW 9A.36.021);
(iii) Assault in the third degree (RCW 9A.36.031);
(iv) Assault in the fourth degree (RCW 9A.36.041);
(v) Drive-by shooting (RCW 9A.36.045);
(vi) Reckless endangerment (RCW 9A.36.050);
(vii) Coercion (RCW 9A.36.070);
(viii) Burglary in the first degree (RCW 9A.52.020);
(ix) Burglary in the second degree (RCW 9A.52.030);
(x) Criminal trespass in the first degree (RCW 9A.52.070);
(xi) Criminal trespass in the second degree (RCW 9A.52.080);
(xii) Malicious mischief in the first degree (RCW 9A.48.070);
(xiii) Malicious mischief in the second degree (RCW 9A.48.080);
(xiv) Malicious mischief in the third degree (RCW 9A.48.090);
(xv) Kidnapping in the first degree (RCW 9A.40.020);
(xvi) Kidnapping in the second degree (RCW 9A.40.030);
(xvii) Unlawful imprisonment (RCW 9A.40.040);
(xviii) Violation of the provisions of a restraining order, no-contact order, or protection order restraining or enjoining the person or restraining the person from going onto the grounds of or entering a residence, workplace, school, or day care, or prohibiting the person from knowingly coming within, or knowingly remaining within, a specified distance of a location, a protected party’s person, or a protected party’s vehicle (chapter 7.105 RCW, or RCW 10.99.040, 10.99.050, 26.09.300, *26.10.220, 26.26B.050, 26.44.063, 26.44.150, or 26.52.070, or any of the former RCW 26.50.060, 26.50.070, 26.50.130, and 74.34.145);
(xix) Rape in the first degree (RCW 9A.44.040);
(xx) Rape in the second degree (RCW 9A.44.050);
(xxi) Residential burglary (RCW 9A.52.025);
(xxii) Stalking (RCW 9A.46.110); and
(xxiii) Interference with the reporting of domestic violence (RCW 9A.36.150).
(5) “Electronic monitoring” means the same as in RCW 9.94A.030.
(6) “Employee” means any person currently employed with an agency.
(7) “Family or household members” means: (a) Adult persons related by blood or marriage; (b) adult persons who are presently residing together or who have resided together in the past; and (c) persons who have a biological or legal parent-child relationship, including stepparents and stepchildren and grandparents and grandchildren.
(8) “Intimate partners” means: (a) Spouses or domestic partners; (b) former spouses or former domestic partners; (c) persons who have a child in common regardless of whether they have been married or have lived together at any time; (d) adult persons presently or previously residing together who have or have had a dating relationship; (e) persons 16 years of age or older who are presently residing together or who have resided together in the past and who have or have had a dating relationship; or (f) persons 16 years of age or older with whom a person 16 years of age or older has or has had a dating relationship.
(9) “Sworn employee” means a general authority Washington peace officer as defined in RCW 10.93.020, any person appointed under RCW 35.21.333, and any person appointed or elected to carry out the duties of the sheriff under chapter 36.28 RCW.
(10) “Victim” means a family or household member or an intimate partner who has been subjected to domestic violence.