As used in this subchapter:
(1) “Court” means the Family Division of the Superior Court.
(2) “Dangerous weapon” means an explosive or a firearm.
(3) “Explosive” means dynamite, or any explosive compound of which nitroglycerin forms a part, or fulminate in bulk or dry condition, or blasting caps, or detonating fuses, or blasting powder or any other similar explosive. The term does not include a firearm or ammunition therefor or any components of ammunition for a firearm, including primers, smokeless powder, or black gunpowder.
(4) “Federally licensed firearms dealer” means a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer required to conduct national instant criminal background checks under 18 U.S.C. § 922(t).
(5) “Firearm” shall have the same meaning as in subsection 4017(d) of this title.
(6) “Law enforcement agency” means the Vermont State Police, a municipal police department, or a sheriff’s department.