As used in this chapter:
(1) ‘Stalking‘means purposely and repeatedly following another pers on and engaging in a course of conduct or making a credible threat with the intent of annoying or placing that person in reasonable fear of death or bodily harm or injury and causing emotional distress.
(2) ‘Credible threat‘means an explicit or implicit threat made with the intent and the apparent ability to carry out the threat, so as to cause the targeted person to reasonably fear for personal safety or the safety of a family member.
(3) ‘Course of conduct‘means an act that happens more than once, ho wever brief, within a year, directed at a specific person, evidencing a continuity of purpose which would cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial emotional distress; which includes but is not limited to the stalker ?s directly or indirectly, by any action, method or device, following, monitoring, observing, pursuing, threatening, or communicating to, or about a person, or interfering with a person ?s property.
(4) ‘Harassment‘means engaging in a knowing and intentional course of conduct directed at a specific person which alarms annoys torments or terrorizes the person and would cause a reasonable person to suffer emotional distress.
(5) ‘cyberstalk‘means to communicate, or to cause to be communicate d, words, images, or language through the use of electronic mail or electronic communication directed to a specific person which serves no legitimate purpose, but causes that person substantial emotional distress.