52C-3-307. Duties of support enforcement agency
(a) A support enforcement agency of this State, upon request, shall provide services to a petitioner in a proceeding under this Chapter.
(b) A support enforcement agency that is providing services to the petitioner as appropriate shall:
(1) Take all steps necessary to enable an appropriate tribunal in this State or another state to obtain jurisdiction over the respondent;
(2) Request an appropriate tribunal to set a date, time, and place for a hearing;
(3) Make a reasonable effort to obtain all relevant information, including information as to income and property of the parties;
(4) Within two days, exclusive of Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays, after receipt of a written notice from an initiating, responding, or registering tribunal, send a copy of the notice to the petitioner;
(5) Within two days, exclusive of Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays, after receipt of a written communication from the respondent or the respondent’s attorney, send a copy of the communication to the petitioner; and
(6) Notify the petitioner if jurisdiction over the respondent cannot be obtained.
(c) This Chapter does not create or negate a relationship of attorney and client or other fiduciary relationship between a support enforcement agency or the attorney for the agency and the individual being assisted by the agency.