WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: North Carolina

Child Support

View all
Laws current as of
December 22, 2023

My license was suspended because I fell behind in my child support. How can I get my license back?

If you lose your license for failing to pay support, you can file a petition in district court to get your license back. The judge can give you back your license as long as you fully pay off the past-due support over time and you keep up with your current child support payments.1

1 NCGS § 50-13.12(d)