Legal Information: Maryland

Restraining Orders

View all
November 10, 2020

What can I do if I am notified that my Maryland order has changed or is no longer valid?

You will have to contact the court that issued your order to find out why your order has changed or is no longer valid.  The police in Maryland cannot enforce an order that has expired or has been canceled in the issuing state.

If this does happen, you may want to contact a lawyer or domestic violence organization in your area.  They may be able to answer some of your questions, or help you fill out the necessary court forms to petition for a new order in Maryland.  You will find information on legal assistance and domestic violence organizations in Maryland on the MD Places that Help page.

WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.