403.715 Interpretation of KRS 403.715 to 403.785 by court.
KRS 403.715 to 403.785 shall be interpreted to:
(1) Allow victims to obtain effective, short-term protection against further wrongful conduct in order that their lives may be as secure and as uninterrupted as possible;
(2) Expand the ability of law enforcement officers to effectively respond to further wrongful conduct so as to prevent future incidents and to provide assistance to the victims;
(3) Provide peace officers with the authority to immediately apprehend and charge for violation of an order of protection any person whom the officer has probable cause to believe has violated an order of protection and to provide courts with the authority to conduct contempt of court proceedings for these violations;
(4) Provide for the collection of data concerning incidents of domestic violence and abuse in order to develop a comprehensive analysis of the numbers and causes of such incidents; and
(5) Supplement and not repeal or supplant any duties, responsibilities, services, or penalties under KRS Chapters 209, 209A, and 620.