21-5917. False impersonation; aggravated false impersonation
(a) False impersonation is representing oneself to be a public officer, public employee or a person licensed to practice or engage in any profession or vocation for which a license is required by the laws of the state of Kansas, with knowledge that such representation is false.
(b) Aggravated false impersonation is falsely representing or impersonating another and in such falsely assumed character:
(1) Becoming bail or security, or acknowledging any recognizance, or executing any bond or other instrument as bail or security, for any party in any proceeding, civil or criminal, before any court or officer authorized to take such bail or security;
(2) confessing any judgment;
(3) acknowledging the execution of any conveyance of property, or any other instrument which by law may be recorded; or
(4) doing any other act in the course of a suit, proceeding or prosecution whereby the person who is represented or impersonated may be made liable to the payment of any debt, damages, costs or sum of money, or such person’s rights or interests may be in any manner affected.
(1) False impersonation is a class B nonperson misdemeanor.
(2) Aggravated false impersonation is a severity level 9, nonperson felony.