21-5408. Kidnapping; aggravated kidnapping
(a) Kidnapping is the taking or confining of any person, accomplished by force, threat or deception, with the intent to hold such person:
(1) For ransom, or as a shield or hostage;
(2) to facilitate flight or the commission of any crime;
(3) to inflict bodily injury or to terrorize the victim or another; or
(4) to interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function.
(b) Aggravated kidnapping is kidnapping, as defined in subsection (a), when bodily harm is inflicted upon the person kidnapped.
(c)(1) Kidnapping is a severity level 3, person felony.
(2) Aggravated kidnapping is a severity level 1, person felony.