For purposes of this chapter, unless a different meaning is clearly indicated by the context:
1. “Department” means the department of justice.
2. “Emergency shelter services” include but are not limited to secure crisis shelters or housing for victims of sexual abuse.
3. “Plaintiff” includes a person filing an action on behalf of an unemancipated minor.
4. “Pro se” means proceeding on one’s own behalf without legal representation.
5. “Sexual abuse” means any commission of a crime defined in chapter 709 or section 726.2 or 728.12. “Sexual abuse” also means any commission of a crime in another jurisdiction under a statute that is substantially similar to any crime defined in chapter 709 or section 726.2 or 728.12.
6. “Support services” include but are not limited to legal services, counseling services, transportation services, child care services, and advocacy services.