What legal or medical actions, specifically, can I use the 1 to 3 days off from work to do?
Your employer must let you take time off from work to do the any of the following things if they are related to domestic violence for you or a family member:
- To Get an Injunction for Protection Against Domestic Violence (a restraining order);
- To Get Medical Help – to see a doctor, mental health counselor, or health care professional, to take care of injuries or health problems (both physical and psychological) caused by domestic violence;
- To Get Legal Help – to go to court, to testify in court, or to seek help from lawyers or legal counseling;
- To Seek Domestic Violence Services—to go to a domestic violence shelter, domestic violence program or rape crisis center, if you are going to seek help for domestic violence;
- To Make Your Home Safe From Your Abuser – to make your home safe from domestic violence, or to try to find new housing to get away from the abuser.1
1 Fla. Stat. § 741.313(2)(b)