WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Delaware


March 26, 2024

Can I get support for my children?

Both parents have to support a child until the child is 18 years of age or until they graduate high school.1 A “support petition” asking a judge to order a parent to pay child support can be filed in the Family Court. You can read more about establishing a child support order on the Division of Child Support Services website.

1 13 Del. C. § 501