Legal Information: Connecticut


December 28, 2022

Can I get financial support for my children?

If you have temporary custody, the judge can order the other parent to pay temporary reasonable support to your children. Later, as part of the custody hearing, the judge may also order child support. The amount will be in accordance with child support guidelines, unless the judge finds good reason to vary from the guidelines.1

1 C.G.S. § 46b-84

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.