Legal Information: Connecticut


November 24, 2021

What can I do if the other party files multiple pleadings or motions against me as a way to harass me?

In any “family relations” matter, which includes custody, divorce, and relief from abuse cases, among others, if the judge sees a pattern that one party is filing meaningless (frivolous) and false pleadings or motions, the judge can punish (sanction) that party. The judge can issue any punishment that would be appropriate to allow the current court case to proceed without unnecessary delay or interference by the the harassing pleadings or motions.1

1 C.G.S. P.A. 21-78, § 10

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.