WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Arkansas

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of January 3, 2024

How do I register my protection order in Arkansas?

To register your protection order in Arkansas, you must file the order as a foreign (out-of-state) judgment, which means filing a new suit in Arkansas. The abuser will not be notified of the new suit.  Once you have filed the order as a foreign judgment, the court clerk will send the order to the local law enforcement agency who will enter your order into the Arkansas Crime Information Center protection order registry file.1

If you need help registering your protection order, you can contact a local domestic violence organization in Arkansas for assistance. You can find contact information for organizations in your area here on the AR Places that Help page.

1 Ark. Code §§ 9-15-302(d) & 12-12-215(b)(1)