WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Arkansas


View all
January 3, 2024

Can I get financial support for my children and myself?

If you have temporary custody the judge can order the other parent to pay temporary reasonable support to both you and your children. Later, as part of the custody hearing, the judge may also order child support. The amount will be in accordance with child support guidelines, unless the judge finds good reason to vary from the guidelines.