WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Arkansas


View all
January 3, 2024

Can a parent who does not have custody have access to the child’s records?

Any parent who has been awarded visitation rights by the court can ask for the child’s school records. Public school districts or colleges may be required by law to release those records to a parent with visitation rights. It is common for both parents to be granted equal access to all medical and education records, as well as free access to the medical care providers and educators.1

1 A.C.A. § 9-13-301