WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Nevada


View all
January 9, 2024

Can a parent who does not have custody have access to the child's records?

In Nevada, a parent who does not have custody of his/her child may still have access to information related to the child and the child’s records, including educational, medical, and dental records.1 Therefore, if you are living in a confidential address that you do not want known to the abuser, you might want to consider asking the school and your child’s doctors whether you can give a P.O. Box or a relative’s address for their records instead of using your confidential address.

1 N.R.S. § 125C.005(2)