WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Important: Even if courts are closed, you can still file for a protection order and other emergency relief. See our FAQ on Courts and COVID-19.

Legal Information: Montana

Statutes: Montana

View all
May 1, 2019

45-5-632. Aggravated interference with parent-child contact

(1) A person who commits the offense of interference with parent-child contact by changing the residence of the minor child to another state without giving written notice as required in 40-4-217, unless the notice requirement has been precluded under 40-4-234, or without written consent of the person entitled to parent-child contact pursuant to an existing court order commits the offense of aggravated interference with parent-child contact.

(2) A person convicted of the offense of aggravated interference with parent-child contact shall be fined an amount not to exceed $1,000 or be imprisoned in the state prison for a term not to exceed 18 months, or both.