Legal Information: Idaho


November 4, 2021

Can the non-custodial parent have access to the child's records?

The non-custodial parent can have access to records and information relating to the child, including medical, dental, health, and school or educational records. However, information concerning the child’s address can be deleted from the records at the custodial parent’s request. The custodial parent would need to make a written request to the “records custodian” who maintains the records in each location asking that this information be deleted and the law says that the records custodian must do it.1

1 I.C. § 32-717A

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.