Legal Information: Idaho

Idaho Custody

July 16, 2017

Custody does not currently have Idaho-specific custody law information.  For now, we have provided links to information we hope you find helpful. ( has no relationship with these websites and does not endorse their services. We provide these links for your information only.)

The Idaho Courts website offers the following:

  • A link to relevant court forms for custody, divorce, etc.
  • Informational brochures on custody, visitation, paternity, child support, and more.
  • Idaho also has Court Assistance Offices (CAO), which provide various services to the public to help ensure equal access to the courts. Their services include: review of CAO court forms and documents before they are filed; availability of public access computers for interactive forms; help with general form/document questions; assistance with calculating child support and completing a parenting plan; collection of instructional videos, brochures, and pamphlets on topics such as introduction to the court system, family law matters, domestic violence, etc.; legal research assistance on the Law Library website.  To find your local CAO office, click here.

Below is general information about custody - not specific to Idaho.