Information about our lives, including personal information, is increasingly ending up online. Many of us have concerns over the security and privacy of sharing our personal information on the Internet. Victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking may have even greater safety risks and concerns when their personal information appears on the Internet. However, having no online presence is generally unrealistic and isolating, so there are some things you can do to try to control who sees your information.
- Basic information
- Safety on Facebook
- How do I prevent someone from seeing my Facebook profile?
- How do I prevent someone from finding my Facebook profile through a Google search?
- Can I get an order of protection against someone who is stalking or harassing me on Facebook?
- Can I permanently delete my Facebook profile?
- How can I prevent an abuser from sharing my intimate images on Facebook?
- Safety with Twitter and personal blogs
- Additional resources
Updated:May 2, 2016