940.43. Intimidation of witnesses; felony
Whoever violates s. 940.42 under any of the following circumstances is guilty of a Class G felony:
(1) Where the act is accompanied by force or violence or attempted force or violence upon the witness, or the spouse, child, stepchild, foster child, parent, sibling, or grandchild of the witness, or any person sharing a common domicile with the witness.
(2) Where the act is accompanied by injury or damage to the real or personal property of any person covered under sub. (1).
(3) Where the act is accompanied by any express or implied threat of force, violence, injury or damage described in sub. (1) or (2).
(4) Where the act is in furtherance of any conspiracy.
(5) Where the act is committed by any person who has suffered any prior conviction for any violation under s. 943.30, 1979 stats., ss. 940. 42 to 940.45, or any federal statute or statute of any other state which, if the act prosecuted was committed in this state, would be a violation under ss. 940.42 to 940.45.
(6) Where the act is committed by any person for monetary gain or for any other consideration acting on the request of any other person. All parties to the transactions are guilty under this section.
(7) Where the act is committed by a person who is charged with a felony in connection with a trial, proceeding, or inquiry for that felony.
(8) If the proceeding is a criminal trial, where the crime is an act of domestic abuse, as defined in s. 968.075(1)(a), that constitutes the commission of a crime or a crime that, following a conviction, is subject to the surcharge in s. 973.055.