39-13-515. Promoting prostitution
(a) A person commits an offense under this section:
(1) Who promotes prostitution; or
(2) Who promotes prostitution where the subject of the offense is a law enforcement officer or is a law enforcement officer eighteen (18) years of age or older posing as a minor.
(b) Except as provided in subsection (c), promoting prostitution is a Class E felony.
(c) Promoting prostitution of a person more than twelve (12) years of age but less than eighteen (18) years of age or a person with an intellectual disability as defined in § 33-1-101 is a Class A felony.
(d) It is not a defense to a violation of this section that:
(1) The subject of the offense is a law enforcement officer;
(2) The victim of the offense is a minor and consented to the offense; or
(3) The solicitation was unsuccessful, the conduct solicited was not engaged in, or a law enforcement officer could not engage in the solicited offense.