Legal Information: Hawaii

Hawaii Court Forms

November 1, 2023

Hawaii issues protective and restraining orders through both the District Court and Family Court depending on your relationship to the abuser. The Hawaii State Judiciary website has links to the district court protective order forms, uncontested divorce forms, small claims court, and more. There is a page that talks about requesting a family court protective order, but there does not appear to be a way to access the petition online.

You can also request the paperwork from the clerk when you arrive at the courthouse. To find the courts near you please see our Hawaii Courthouse Locations page. 

Local domestic violence organizations may be able to help you fill out the necessary forms or otherwise help you through the process. Go to Hawaii Advocates and Shelters to find an organization in your area.

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.