WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Alaska


View all
Laws current as of August 9, 2023

I am the child's uncle, aunt, or cousin. Can I file for visitation of the child?

The law does not specifically mention visitation rights for aunts, uncles, or cousins in a custody case. However, the law does permit visitation rights for a grandparent or “other person” if it is in the best interests of the child.1 If you want to know more about this, please talk to a lawyer.

1 AK ST § 25.20.060