WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Montana


Laws current as of
December 20, 2023

If I file for an amendment of the parenting plan, will I have to go to mediation?

A judge can order the parents to go through mediation or counseling (“dispute resolution process”) to resolve any conflicts regarding the amendment a parent requests. However, the judge cannot order mediation or counseling if:

1 R.C.M. § 40-4-219(9)