Legal Information: Kentucky


January 25, 2019

If my child was conceived from sexual assault, can the offender get custody or visitation?

If the offender was convicted of a felony offense related to rape/sexual assault that caused you to conceive your child, the offender cannot get custody or visitation rights unless you specifically request the judge to order visitation rights. The offender also loses the right of to inherit any money with respect to the child. The offender will still have to pay child support, however, unless you do not want it.1

1 KY ST §§ 405.028; 403.322