Legal Information: Arizona


View all
December 27, 2022

Can I get help with my attorney's fees?

Possibly. In a case for sole legal decision-making or joint legal decision-making, either parent may ask the court to order the other parent to pay his/her attorney fees, court costs and expert witness fees if s/he is unable to do so and the other parent has significantly more money than s/he does.1 Also, if the court feels that a parent is trying to modify (change) an order for the purpose of harassing the other parent, the judge can make the parent filing the petition pay the court fees and costs.2

1 A.R.S. § 25-403.08
2 A.R.S. § 25-411(M)

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.