Places that Help: Wisconsin

Sheriff Departments

August 30, 2020

Before a protection order can take effect, it must be served upon the abuser. In most states, protection orders are served by the sheriff department. You can contact the clerk of the court in the court that issued your order to find out the procedure for service if you are unsure. For a list of Wisconsin courts, check the WI Courthouse Locations page on our site. To find the contact information for sheriff departments listed by county, you can go to the Wisconsin Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs Association website. ( is not affiliated with that website.)

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.